CVS INSTALL (When installing Bison-1.35: GNU M4 1.4 is required)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Wed Nov 13 09:07:56 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 05:10:22AM -0800, Brian Auld wrote:
> Please let me know if my post is inappropriate due to any of the following:
>
> - improperly formatted
>
> - improper use of english
>
> - no enough info
>
> I noticed a lot a sensitive posts regarding community etiquette and if
> I'm not following protocol, it's out of ignorance and not intent.

Since you asked... ;)

http://linuxfromscratch.org/~gimli/lfsml.html

This is a nice, organized, easy to read page regarding email etiquette.
I've noticed that the biggest problem is that people who have only used
email clients like Outlook or Kmail or Evolution tend to have no idea
that a lot of email clients (especially Unix based clients) are totally
different. I myself came onto this list a year ago doing things wrong.
The reason for the etiquette is not so people can flame you with
arrogance, but rather that everyone's experience here can be better.

Hope this helps. :)

--
Archaic

--
Morality is always the product of terror; its chains and
strait-waistcoats are fashioned by those who dare not trust others,

- Aldous Huxley

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org