LFS with extra source for additional progs

Alexander Newald alexander at newald.de
Wed Nov 13 08:15:15 PST 2002

Hello,

I have build and setup the latest lfs with some additional software and
offer you to download the source for it so you need not to worry about
dependencies for the progs after lfs is build.

Scripts and sources are included to build

mysql, sendmail, qt, x11, tcl/tk, proftpd, procmail, wget, openssl, openssh,
grsecurety, db ...

You can download it at
http://www.newald.de/downloads/lfs-auto-4.0-newald.tar (189992960 Byte)

md5sum is:
f35aab9debb9d56d679f604615228004  lfs-auto-4.0-newald.tar

This is a pre beta release so you use all the scripts at your own risk.

The tar file contains a lfs subdir with all the files in it. Move the ths
subdir (lfs) to /www (Create this if needed) and cd to /www/lfs. Set the LFS
env to /www/lfs
In /www/lfs execute install_lfs and answer the questions. After that the
system is build (basic part exactly as descibed in the lfs book, so a user
lfs is created and deleted. Make sure you don't have such a user on your
system)

As I put a lot of work into it I would be happy if you can give me some
feedback about it and of course don't repost the scripts as your work.

If you think it is worth a look I will setup a homepage for it and write a
complete documentation for it.

Alexander Newald

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org