Source Removal after ch9?

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Nov 13 07:09:09 PST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
>Yo,
>
>On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:45:06PM +0000, chris.danx wrote:
>> Is it ok to remove the source files after chapter 9 and just have the
>> tarballs left <snip>

>Yup, feel free to remove then.  Everything gets installed system-wide,
>and the build directories are useless and unneeded afterwards.

And just as a note, I remove each source directory immediately after a
successful install of that package, *except* for the linux sources. This
will help you minimize space used during the install. But, if you are not
sure all has gone well, you may wish you had not removed them so
early. This would be like when package z fails and it turned out to be a
problem with package a - the config log and other things might have helped
resolve the cause if they had not been removed. So, ... be cautious until
you have high confidence.

He, he! I just thought - high confidence is when I make most of my
mistakes!  :-/

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com