Problems with init on the first boot

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Tue Nov 12 04:40:09 PST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 05:11, Timo Kehler wrote:
> Hi. (sorry, i'm german and i can't write english very well, i hope you can
> understand me)
> I made a lfs system like the lfs book says it. There war no errors. Then i
> reboot my system and boot my lfs system.
>
> He found all my hardware and mounted my harddisk.
>
> but then he said:
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
>
> What should i do now? Who can i fix this error.
>
> Thanks for answers.

Try the archives.  Just now I accessed them by going to google.com/linux
and entering 'unable to open an initial console lfs'  The first two
returns are mailing list threads that cover this error message.  For
example:
archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/
lfs-support/2002/08/0316.html

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,