[OT] Re: More : Minimalist Linux (off-list_

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Tue Nov 12 04:01:01 PST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
>Yo,
>
>On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:34:35AM -0500, Bill Maltby - LFS Related wrote:
>> No problem. Let the degeneration proceed. It was a good list for a long
>> time.
>
>LoL!  Sorry Bill, didn't mean to direct that at you-personally there.
>
>I got really, really, annoyed at having to read the same post by ~10
>different people on ~5 different lists all saying the same thing.

I *do* understand that. Unfortunately, looking at past posts, it is
apparent that *some violators* do not give a whit about the community *or*
are not aware that there is a community ethos at work. For some,
reinforcement may "bring salvation". For others, there is no hope.

In this instance, I saw the old "... otherwise ignore it ..." statement.
That means (to me) either the poster doesn't care or doesn't realize how
selfish that is. So I felt a response was appropriate.

One thing for sure - if the same poster responds a second time with such
callous disregard for the common courtesies, *my* little corner of the
list will *never* give him/her help of any kind. May be no big loss to
them.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com