LFS 4.0 bootup problems

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Mon Nov 11 23:51:15 PST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, The Cheeze wrote:

> 	The second is "SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable".

A google search on

	SIOCADDRT linuxfromscratch

will provide you with pointers to the mail archives. Try what has been
suggested there in the past.

> 3) When logging in as root when booting from the lfs system the
> command prompt doesn't read "root:<directory>#" as I would think
> it should but instead reads "Bash2.05a#" no matter what directory.

	man bash

is your friend. Search for the word PROMPT.

Otherwise there is a Bash-prompt howto out there somewhere.

Regards,
Uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli