Minimalist Linux

Colin Thompson colinthompson at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 11 13:49:09 PST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org] On Behalf Of Yann E.
MORIN
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 9:50 AM
To: Useko Netsumi
Cc: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: Minimalist Linux

On Monday 11 November 2002 15:38, you wrote:

 > But, now I have a few question on how to build my own distribution
with
 > the following requirements:
 > 0. should fit on 100MB disk and 16MB memory
 > 1. real basic kernel with some(complete) IDE & PCMCIA CARD drivers
 > supports
 > 2. it should have iptables,networking(DNS,FTP,ssh, routing and
 > other basic networking) functionalities.

This is something that cropped up on slashdot today (www.slashdot.org)

An excellent guide to building a fairly small linux (not LFS related)
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lwl1/?t=gr,lnxw12=LLP1

It uses busybox and uCLibc (as someone else has recommended)

Hope it's of some use :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org