No C++ compiler ?

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Nov 11 07:09:30 PST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, lanas wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:19:31 -0500 (EST)
>Bill Maltby - LFS Related <lfsbill at wlmcs.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, lanas wrote:
>>
>> >Hello everyone,
>
>> >  This is about LFS 4.0.  I've installed the static part, then I
>> >  chroot to do the dynamic install.  When trying to compile groff,
>> >  the./configure reports that there is no C++ compiler installed,
>> >  like this:
>
>> At a guess, you did not install the c++ components during the chapter
>> 6 install of gcc. If you used the same (scripted?) commands that were
>> used in chapter 5, you would not have untarred the gcc-g++ archive.
>
>I took a closer look at the script installing gcc statically (chapter 5)
>and this is what I have from the HTML LFS book 4.0 :
>
>../gcc-3.2/configure --prefix=/static --enable-languages=c \
>   --disable-nls --disable-shared &&
>
>So I added ",c++" to "languages=c", and as user lfs, made clean,
>recompiled and then retried (in chroot) the groff ./configure and now it
>works.

Yes, but the c++ is *not* to be installed until chapter 6 in the cvs
version. If you are using the official 4.0 (not updated to later cvs),
you may have done the right thing. I have not looked back to see when
gcc-core and gcc-g++ where processed separately.

Glad it worked for you though.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com