No C++ compiler ?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Nov 11 05:47:36 PST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:36:50 +0100 lanas at t-online.de (lanas) wrote:

> I took a closer look at the script installing gcc statically (chapter 5)
> and this is what I have from the HTML LFS book 4.0 :
>
> ../gcc-3.2/configure --prefix=/static --enable-languages=c \
>    --disable-nls --disable-shared &&
>
> So I added ",c++" to "languages=c", and as user lfs, made clean,
> recompiled and then retried (in chroot) the groff ./configure and now it
> works.

No, no. This wrong. Do you really believe that the LFS book is this buggy?
If the LFS book says that you don't need c++ in chapter 5 then you
_don't_need_ c++ in chapter 5! If compiling a static compiler with c++
solves your problem, this means that you haven't installed GCC (correctly)
in chapter 6. You should have installed GCC right after glibc (with c++).

MSB

--
He who SHOUTS is always wrong.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org