No C++ compiler ?

lanas lanas at t-online.de
Mon Nov 11 05:36:50 PST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:19:31 -0500 (EST)
Bill Maltby - LFS Related <lfsbill at wlmcs.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, lanas wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone,

> >  This is about LFS 4.0.  I've installed the static part, then I
> >  chroot to do the dynamic install.  When trying to compile groff,
> >  the./configure reports that there is no C++ compiler installed,
> >  like this:

> At a guess, you did not install the c++ components during the chapter
> 6 install of gcc. If you used the same (scripted?) commands that were
> used in chapter 5, you would not have untarred the gcc-g++ archive.

I took a closer look at the script installing gcc statically (chapter 5)
and this is what I have from the HTML LFS book 4.0 :

../gcc-3.2/configure --prefix=/static --enable-languages=c \
   --disable-nls --disable-shared &&

So I added ",c++" to "languages=c", and as user lfs, made clean,
recompiled and then retried (in chroot) the groff ./configure and now it
works.

Alain
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org