No C++ compiler ?

lanas lanas at t-online.de
Mon Nov 11 03:03:03 PST 2002

Hello everyone,

  This is about LFS 4.0.  I've installed the static part, then I chroot
to do the dynamic install.  When trying to compile groff, the
./configure reports that there is no C++ compiler installed, like this:

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking that C++ compiler can compile simple program... no
configure: error: a working C++ compiler is required

  Anyone as an idea of what could have been wrong ?  I've re-installer
the static version of gcc (as lfs user) but to no avail.

Alain
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org