Error compiling glibc

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sun Nov 10 22:03:47 PST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 07:37:01PM -0800, john.close at shaw.ca wrote:
> I found a reference in the archives to the exact same error from
> someone trying to install glibc-2.2.4. They solved the problem
> by recompiling mawk. According to the "book" mawk is not
> needed. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Well if mawk really was the fix, then I suppose gawk would be the fix
now... From outside of chroot do: ldd $LFS/static/bin/gawk. The output
should be "not a dynamic executable".

--
Archaic

--
Morality is always the product of terror; its chains and
strait-waistcoats are fashioned by those who dare not trust others,

- Aldous Huxley

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org