Read-Only FS

Jason Hiatt jthiatt at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 10 16:45:00 PST 2002

I just finished building my own distro with LFS 4.0
with a host system of RH 7.3.  Everything seemed to go
okay, had some trouble with installing m4, but I found
a way around that.  Anyway, when I boot into my LFS
system it hangs at syslogd.  I went into my host
system and turned syslogd off.  After that it would be
give me an error about networking, but it would
eventually go to a login prompt.  I can login as root,
but it says that everything is read-only.  What did I
do to mess this up?  Proc is not being mounted at boot
also.  I'm not sure what is going on .

Thanks in advance for any help,
Hiatt