Cannot access my floppy disk or cdrom.

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Nov 10 13:11:10 PST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Laurence Turpin wrote:

>Thankyou for replying to my query.
>
>On furthur investigation I find I can mount the floppy and cdrom once the
>lfs system is booted up, but on my Mandrake 8.2 system there is something
>called supermount in the fstab file. This seems to allow you to mount the
>floppy and cdrom on the Mandrake system even though you do not have anything
>in the drives.
>Is it possible to use supermount with lfs systems or is it unique to
>Mandrake?
>If it is possible how do I configure it on my lfs system?

I know nothing about supermount, However, from past threads, I recall that
some have raised this issue before. If you can locate one of the archives
(the LFS stuff is crippled until they find a new permanent home?) and
search there, I'm pretty sure you'll find what you need.

>regards
>
>Laurence

BTW, some folks gripe about top posting. Rules, rules, ... ;)

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org