Problem with bash install

Maurice McCarthy maurice.mccarthy at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 10 11:48:48 PST 2002

OK tried one more time before going to bed to install bash
This was the config.log:
-----------------
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by bash configure 2.05a, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.52.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --enable-static-link --prefix=/lfs/static --with-curses

## ---------- ##
## Platform.  ##
## ---------- ##

hostname = pc1-cwma1-4-cust24.swa.cable.ntl.com
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 2.4.18-6mdk
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = i686
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
hostinfo               = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH = /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/games

## ------------ ##
## Core tests.  ##
## ------------ ##

configure:1000: PATH=".;."; conftest.sh
/configure: conftest.sh: command not found
configure:1003: $? = 127
configure:1047: checking build system type
configure:1056: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one

## ----------------- ##
## Cache variables.  ##
## ----------------- ##

ac_cv_build_alias=
ac_cv_env_CC_set=set
ac_cv_env_CC_value=$'Sgcc -s'
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CPP_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=

configure: exit 1

The peculiar hostname is due to recently acquiring a leased cable modem from ntl in the UK.
Presumably it is just an ugly spot I can alter if I wish.

Moss

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org