Cannot access my floppy disk or cdrom.

Laurence Turpin laurie.turpin at virgin.net
Sun Nov 10 12:13:00 PST 2002

Thankyou for replying to my query.

On furthur investigation I find I can mount the floppy and cdrom once the
lfs system is booted up, but on my Mandrake 8.2 system there is something
called supermount in the fstab file. This seems to allow you to mount the
floppy and cdrom on the Mandrake system even though you do not have anything
in the drives.
Is it possible to use supermount with lfs systems or is it unique to
Mandrake?
If it is possible how do I configure it on my lfs system?

regards

Laurence