Cannot access my floppy disk or cdrom.

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Nov 10 09:24:21 PST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Laurence Turpin wrote:

>hi
>
>My lfs system is now compiled and installed ok and it boots up without an
>error. The problem is I cannot access my floppy disk or cdrom.
>I have tried altering the settings in fstab but it does not seem to help. Is
>there something else I should do?

Post more information? Show commands used to try and access them. Show a
line or two of results. Make sure you have the proper linux config
item(s) enabled and mention or show what they are. Determine if you have
the correct entries under /dev for what you are trying to do. For example,

  ls -l /dev/fd* and/or /dev/floppy and /dev/hd[a-d] and/or /dev/cdrom

and so on.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com