error compiling kernel - stdarg.h

luis jure luisjure at multitel.com.uy
Sun Nov 10 06:23:49 PST 2002

thank you very much for your prompt answer.

el Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:46:46 +0000
Richard Lightman <richard at nezumi.plus.com> escribió:

> stdarg.h should have been installed by gcc. Check for something like:
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/include/stdarg.h

stdarg.h was indeed installed by gcc and i checked that it still is at:
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/include/stdarg.h

> Have you accidently told gcc to use an old version of the compiler
> (-V version), or told it to compile for some architecture other than
> the one you installed ( -b machine)?

not at all, i just followed the commands in the book strictly. and i had
built my kernel correctly at least once before. i really don't know what
may have happened in the meantime, or why stdarg.h is not found being that
it is where it should be, apparently.

best,

lj
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org