error compiling kernel - stdarg.h

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Sun Nov 10 05:46:46 PST 2002

* luis jure <luisjure at multitel.com.uy> [2002-11-10 13:22]:
> my lfs 4.0 is just a few days old, i have installed some extra software,
> behaving well so far. but now i tried to recompile the kernel once more,
> and make dep gives repeatedly the following message:
>
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.19/include/linux/kernel.h:10:20: stdarg.h: No existe el
> fichero o el directorio

stdarg.h should have been installed by gcc. Check for something like:
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/include/stdarg.h

Have you accidently told gcc to use an old version of the compiler
(-V version), or told it to compile for some architecture other than
the one you installed ( -b machine)?

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org