disappearing devices

luis jure luisjure at multitel.com.uy
Sun Nov 10 05:39:58 PST 2002

it's me again. although my lfs is new i reached the 30 mountings already,
so the root partition was checked at boot time. after that i had some error
messages while mounting /dev/hda9 and when trying to start gpm. checking
/dev i realized many entries had disappeared, among them hda9 and ttyS0,
where my mouse is. i ran MAKEDEV and everything was restored, but that left
me very nervous. what can have happened?

best,

lj
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org