flex 2.5.4a and gcc3.2 bad combo?

Gregory Davis GregDavis at umbc.edu
Sat Nov 9 19:24:51 PST 2002

I am wondering if anyone else is having problems with the LFS 4.0 flex and
gcc versions.  I seem to be having a lot of programs failing due to random
(f)lex generated code.  Some examples:  KTH Kerberos 4, Kopete's icq_new
plugin, ttmkfdir2.  So far the errors usually deal with previous
declarations of yy_something functions in some other header file.  Is this
just my imagination, flex misbehaving/misconforming, these programs being
out of date, or them just not modern enough for gcc 3.2?  I have never
compiled them with gcc 2.95 to know the difference.  I am gonna try to
recompile flex without any optimizations to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org