Problem with bash install

rchurcher rchurcher at xtra.co.nz
Sat Nov 9 19:05:05 PST 2002

Rui Ferreira wrote:
> James R. Phillips wrote:
> >
> >An echo $LFS command reveals that LFS is properly set
> >to /LFS.
>
> $LFS=/mnt/lfs NOT /LFS
>
> which means yours isn't properly set

Installing from /lfs works fine. /mnt/lfs is surely just a matter of
preference. I did a complete install to a separate partition mounted as
/lfs. In fact, the book even mentions it:

   "Now that we've created a file system, we want to be able to
   access the partition. For that, we need to mount it, and have
   to choose a mount point. In this book we assume that the file
   system is mounted under /mnt/lfs, but it doesn't matter
   what directory you choose."

I can't see that it matters if /LFS or /lfs or /aardvark, for that
matter, so long as $LFS points to the appropriate point.

--
Cheers,
Rich.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org