When I reboot lfs 3.3 my ethernet card is not recognised.

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 12:01:26 PST 2002

On Saturday 09 November 2002 7:57 pm, Laurence Turpin wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have compiled my lfs 3.3 system and rebooted it.
> It stops during the booting process and complains that it can not find
> eth0. It gives me the option to press enter to continue booting.
> When I press enter it continues and allows me to login
> If I then look in the /dev directory for eth0 it is not there.
> Can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong and what I need to do to get
> eth0 in  /dev.

You will never find eth0 listed in /dev.

Did you include support for your network card in the kernel compile options ?

Antony.

--

90% of network problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org