lfs 3.3 fails when I reboot.

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sat Nov 9 04:26:10 PST 2002

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Laurence Turpin wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have installed lfs 3.3 and got to the point where I reboot. When it
>restarts I get the lilo menu with lfs on it. If I select lfs the following
>message appears on the screen

>and then the PC reboots.
>
>Does this mean there is a problem with the kernel?
>What should I do to find out where the problem is?

IIRC, the most common reason for this is that you did not select a cpu
type appropriate to your configuation when configuring the kernel. If that
is the case, remake the kernel after making the correction.

To save some time, use make clean instead of make mrproper. That way it
will not destroy your current .config file. Then do the make menuconfig
and all subsequent commands (make dep, make bzImage, ...) as detailed in
the book.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com