unable to open an initial console

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Nov 8 15:13:50 PST 2002

Can you get you mailer to wrap at 72 or 76 or something? Thanks.

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Lawrence O'Sullivan wrote:

>I may have come across the problem, but don't know how to resolve it.
>
>df reports that the lfs partition is 705M and 701M used with no free space.
>However, fdisk shows the partition as being 2G. Starts at 1701 ends at 1980  and has 2071408+ blocks.
>
>Is there anyway to get the rest of the free space recognized, or do I have to repartion and start over?

It sounds like the partition is ok. I think either when you did the
mke2fs you put the block count in manually instead of letting mke2fs
determine it from the partition information or some corruption occurred
after it was made.

Regardless, first run an e2fsck to make sure there is no corruption. Run
tune2fs -l and it will tell you how many blocks were assigned to the file
system. Then if all looks ok, you should be able to use resize2fs to
expand the file system to to use all the partition.

Man mke2fs, man tune2fs, man resize2fs.

Good luck

--
Bill Maltby