unable to open an initial console

Lawrence O'Sullivan lawrence.osullivan at 141.com
Fri Nov 8 14:56:47 PST 2002

I may have come across the problem, but don't know how to resolve it.

df reports that the lfs partition is 705M and 701M used with no free space.
However, fdisk shows the partition as being 2G. Starts at 1701 ends at 1980  and has 2071408+ blocks.

Is there anyway to get the rest of the free space recognized, or do I have to repartion and start over?