Error while compiling GCC 2.95.3

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Nov 8 14:01:20 PST 2002

Oliver Tupman wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Firstly, standard newbie line: First time poster to the list, so bare
> with me.
>
> I'm having problems getting GCC 2.95.3 to compile on my tiny Cyrix C3
> PC. Everything up to gcc compiles fine. The problem occurs in the
> line:
>
>    make BOOT_LDFLAGS=-static bootstrap
>
> During this it makes the following call:
>    ./genattr ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/config/i386/i386.md > tmp-attr.h
>
> Which results in the following message:
>    make[2]: *** [s-attr] Error 132
>
> Any ideas anybody?

Searching the archives, discovered two threads on this very issue.  One
solution (probably not the correct one) was to use an older version of
binutils.  The other solution was to force march and mcpu to i586 or
i486, hinting that the C6 instruction set is not entirely i686
compatible.  Sorry, but I have no C6 to test on.  Search results
courtesy of google.  search string:    "make[2]: *** [s-attr] Error 132"

> Cheers,
>
>   Ollie Tupman.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org