OK, I'm Lost

John Lowell johnlowell at ameritech.net
Fri Nov 8 03:30:46 PST 2002

On Thursday 07 November 2002 23:08, T.B. van der Molen wrote:

> > ./configure --enable-static-link \
> >      --prefix +$LFS/static --with-curses &&
>
>                  ^
>
> Don't put a "+" before "$LFS". "$LFS" is replaced by the shell with
> "/mnt/lfs" (without the quotes). If you would put a "+" you get
> "+/mnt/lfs" and such a directory does not exist.

> Tim

Tim and Allen,

I'm afraid I've inadvertently misled both of you concerning the plus sign
business. Actually, I had intended to place an = there when preparing this
message but had depressed the shift key when making the entry and got +
instead. Sincerest apologies. Knowing now that the command actually appeared
as

./configure --enable-static-link \
     --prefix=$LFS/static --with-curses &&
make &&
make install

when I entered it and got the error, would that alter your evaluation in any
way?

John Lowell
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org