Frame Buffer kernel support

Calvin holotron at rcn.com
Thu Nov 7 20:33:38 PST 2002

I'm trying to create a new .config to build my kernel. Yet when I get to the
Console Drivers section in the menuconfig program, I don't get the Frame
Buffer menu/options.

This happened the first time I built an LFS system in late 2001, and I had
no console video after lilo. I resolved the problem by rebuilding my kernel
using the .config file that my host distro used, and modified it to my
liking.

But right now I'm trying to resolve a lockup problem I'm having and would
like to build the kernel using a fresh .config.
Is there an option that must be set in order to enable the Frame Buffer
menu/options?

Cal

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org