textutils-2.1 - problem

Allen Parker allenp at efn.org
Thu Nov 7 12:16:35 PST 2002

From: lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org] On Behalf Of Ulrich
Fahrenberg
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 3:08 PM
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: textutils-2.1 - problem

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Maciej 'Cutwell' [iso-8859-2] Zbiñkowski wrote:

> I've already installed textutils-2.1 package, but if i type (in
> chrooted env) cat (or wc or any other textutil) i get : bash:
> /static/bin/cat: No such file or directory and after typying:  .
> $LFS/static/bin/cat on my host i get : bash: ELF: command not
> found
>
> What should i do now, to make cat (and other textutils) work ???

http://www.no.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN373

uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

if you're using a cvs version of lfs, which, from the versioning of
textutils, I'm assuming you are... I personally had problems with cat
segfaulting, I'd ftp to ftp.gnu.org/gnu/textutils and get the last
STABLE minor version before the EXPERIMENTAL 2.1 (ie 2.0)... perhaps it
will work better for you than 2.1

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org