Your mail

Ladislav Danko ladislav.danko at acsnet.sk
Thu Nov 7 00:37:03 PST 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 19:08, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 13:54, nielv at bigfoot.com wrote:
> > I haven't that much experience, but I can vouch for problems with
> > the version of gcc that shipped with RH7.2. It is a 2.6.X release,
> > which was never officially released by GNU. I had trouble compiling
> > MPlayer
>
> You mean 2.96.x. The only time that version ever gave trouble was in
> RH-7.0. But the 2.95.x release is STILL available in RH (and even
> installed by default IIRC) so this shouldn't stop you from preventing
are you sure?
$> gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
gcc driver version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110) executing
gcc version egcs-2.91.66
$>
-the same in rh7.2 (and i don't know how in rh7.0), so i'm not so sure
about gcc2.95.x in rh's7.x distros.

anyway, i wouldn't like making flame, but i hope the best way prevent
yourself from problems is using official gnu gcc versions of compilers.

laco.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org