glibc and kernel headers

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Wed Nov 6 23:41:44 PST 2002

Hi,

LFS-book/4.0/chapter06/kernel.html:

``The essential part is where Linus states that the header files
should be the ones which glibc was compiled against.''

When I was compiling glibc, /usr/src/linux did not exist (actually it
did not exist during all of my chapter 6 compilations). glibc-make
didn't complain.

Until now, things seem to be OK, but should I be worried about glibc
not being compiled against any kernel sources? (If the answer is yes,
I'd prefer to start over again before I do too much BLFS stuff...)

Uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org