LFS without previous linux

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 6 21:13:20 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 16:41, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 10:36 pm, liberiotux wrote:
>
> > The best way to compile an LFS, it's do it with itself.
> > This is the idea on www.stockwith.co.uk/iso.
> > But I've any problems with this CD on a PC which 64 MO of SDRAM...
> > The best, it would be make your CD for yourself with an LFS...
>
> Are you saying "the best way to create an LFS system is to start with an LFS
> system" !?

That's more true than you know.  The first time around, the user will be
relatively clueless and prone to just generally screwing up and making a
mess of things.  On the second time around, using their first twitching
and shaking filesystem, they'll stand a much better chance of getting
things "right".

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org