LFS without previous linux

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Wed Nov 6 14:49:55 PST 2002

>> The best way to compile an LFS, it's do it with itself.
>> This is the idea on www.stockwith.co.uk/iso.
>> But I've any problems with this CD on a PC which 64 MO of SDRAM...
>> The best, it would be make your CD for yourself with an LFS...

>Are you saying "the best way to create an LFS system is to start with an
LFS
>system" !?

Yes, that's what he's saying.  The LFS BootCD is an LFS system that Chris
burnt from his HDD to bootable CDROM.  So, the OS resides wholly in memory.
The only problem with this is that you can't cut and paste from the LFS.txt
into the prompt, unless you can put it on floppy and vim it.  Im not too
good with vim, sounds tough to me.  That's why I'm scripting it.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org