Your mail

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Wed Nov 6 10:08:32 PST 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 13:54, nielv at bigfoot.com wrote:
> I haven't that much experience, but I can vouch for problems with the
> version of gcc that shipped with RH7.2. It is a 2.6.X release, which
> was never officially released by GNU. I had trouble compiling MPlayer

You mean 2.96.x. The only time that version ever gave trouble was in
RH-7.0. But the 2.95.x release is STILL available in RH (and even
installed by default IIRC) so this shouldn't stop you from preventing
to use RH as a base distro to compile LFS (or MPlayer for that matter).
And no need to quote MPlayer's flames here, these people are great
programmers, but just like Mosfet, a little too noisy. :)

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org