glibc 2.3.1

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Wed Nov 6 08:58:59 PST 2002

> Hi, is it possible to install Glibc version 2.3.1 instead of the older one?
> (provided I hand-edit the malloc/Makefile file for the Perl entries and
> stuff)
>
> I worry it might not work, because I think I'm supposed to install
> glibc-linuxthreads too, but it's version 2.2.5, the same as the glibc in
> the book. Can I install this version of glibc-linuxthreads if I'm using
> glibc-2.3.1? or should I use the older version of glibc?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> ~Argux
> perroscongatos.com

Subscribe to LFS-dev mailing list for a while, and check it's archives for
glibc-2.3.   There are several approaches to doing this, the LFS guys haven't
decided which to go with.
For what it's worth I am running a sucessful LFS 4+(cvs-late october) with
gcc-3.2.1(cvs) with glibc-2.3.1 using Matthias Benkmann's LD_LIBERRY (yes
thats how it's spelt) patch.  To find out more you do really need to read all
the lfs-dev archives on this though.
Good Luck!
--
Cheers, Richard.