not booting successfully

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Wed Nov 6 06:20:24 PST 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Muhammad Nafees Sharif wrote:

> /**********************************************************************/
> i m not SUBSCRIBED to the list, please CC me the REPLY, thanx
> /**********************************************************************/

It is considered good practice to subscribe to a list when you ask
questions to it. Never know: maybe one day you'll gonna be able to
/answer/ a question, too?

(And the lfs lists are also mirrored in usenet.)

> INIT: version 2.84 booting
>
> INIT: /etc/inittab[2]: missing action failed
> INIT: /etc/inittab[4]: missing action failed
> INIT: /etc/inittab[6]: missing action failed
> INIT: /etc/inittab[14]: missing action failed
> INIT: /etc/inittab[16]: missing action failed
> INIT: /etc/inittab[18]: missing action failed
> INIT: /etc/inittab[25]: missing action failed
> .d does not existit
> INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
> .d does not exist

How does your /etc/inittab look like? Just by chance: There should be
seven lines like

	l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 0

where the first letter is an l (the letter), not a 1 (the number)...

Uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org