not booting successfully

Muhammad Nafees Sharif mnsharif28 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 05:59:55 PST 2002

/**********************************************************************/
i m not SUBSCRIBED to the list, please CC me the REPLY, thanx
/**********************************************************************/
hi, i done all the LFS task, and i thought i did it till the end and
correctly too. But now when i rebooted my system, it started successfully
but at the end it showed me the following errors. I tried to find out, where
the problem is.. but was unable.

Please anyone have any idea, i m in great need

here is the error message i got

/**********************************************************************/
INIT: version 2.84 booting

INIT: /etc/inittab[2]: missing action failed
INIT: /etc/inittab[4]: missing action failed
INIT: /etc/inittab[6]: missing action failed
INIT: /etc/inittab[14]: missing action failed
INIT: /etc/inittab[16]: missing action failed
INIT: /etc/inittab[18]: missing action failed
INIT: /etc/inittab[25]: missing action failed
.d does not existit
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
.d does not exist

(none) login: _

also after the login of root, it says that filesystem is read-only it dont
let me edit any file nor it allows me to do "reboot". i think there is some
problem in INIT and bla bla, I RE-CHECKED THE INIT SCRIPTS AS TOLD IN THE
BOOK AND IT WAS ALL ACCORDINGLY,

please, can anyone help me

thanx, once again

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org