LFS without previous linux

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:38:18 PST 2002

>From: Thursday <nvivo at terra.com.br>
>To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
>Subject: LFS without previous linux
>Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:15:00 -0200
>
>I was thinking, and there is a big problem with LFS: you must have some
>other distribution installed to install it, and i would like to install it
>in a clean HD without any other system previously installed.

Olá.
I know that you already have some answers but I want to make a sugestion.
If you already decided for your partition layout and it includes a separate
/home partition then install your distro there and build lfs on the others.
Once you reboot into your new system, you can remove /home's contents.

Fica bem.
Rui Ferreira

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org