Book 3.3, Ch. 6, fileutils problem

Tomasz Korycki engine2 at flow.mine.nu
Tue Nov 5 14:20:59 PST 2002

Hi,
I hope this time I may get some answer from someone: even if it's just an
admonishment to RTFM...

Close to the end of fileutils build (as in Subject line), I get:
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/src/fileutils/man'
Updating man page chgrp.1
/bin/sh: /missing: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [chgrp.1]: Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/fileutils/man'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive]:Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/fileutils'
make: *** [all]: Error 2

And that's all she wrote... There obviously isn't a /missing file, I
thought that was supposed to be found in the source directory... Can anyone
shed some light onto this? The build system is strictly by-the book, except
that GCC has Pro-Police patches - but it doesn't seem to have anything to
do with that, does it? I get warnings from ProPolice, but even if I disable
it, the same error still shows. I don't really need ls and friends, and
especially their man pages, except further down the build process, but I'm
worried that this failure indicates problem earlier in the chain - problem
that is not indicated anywhere during the process.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org