Chapter 5 problem with fileutils

Jamie Norwood mistwolf at mushhaven.net
Tue Nov 5 08:49:45 PST 2002

Thigns are going well, if slow. I'm up to fileutils, but I get erros
when I run compile:

sunspot:/mnt/lfs/usr/src/fileutils-4.1# LDFLAGS=static ./configure \
--disable-nls --prefix=$LFS/static
checking build system type... sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for perl5.003 or newer... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

Obviouslt, gcc has been doing jsut that for a few packages now. Anyone
have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Jamie

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org