LFS on older Sparcs

Jamie Norwood mistwolf at mushhaven.net
Mon Nov 4 21:08:24 PST 2002

./configure on bash on a SPARCstation 5 took 28 minutes. Started it
actually compiling, with date redirects before and after, so I will let
you know in a bunch of hours how long 1 SBU is on this lower-end
machine. To the poor guy with an IPX, I don't know that I would
recommend investing the time to do this, but expect to use the better
part of a few weeks to a month with it, when all is said and done.

Jamie
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org