Ext3 - OOPS!

David C david at desolateonline.com
Mon Nov 4 20:36:49 PST 2002

On Monday 04 November 2002 08:18 pm, you wrote:
> >DOH! Umm, please ignore this. I mistakenly read your post as wanting
> >to go to ext3 from ext2, which would be a more common request.
> >
> >Just curious, why is it you'd rather run ext2 than ext3?
>
> Because that is what the LFS-book advises - and since this is my
> maiden voyage in the realm of LFS, I'd better go by the book. I'll
> tweak later..
>
> Thanks though...
>
> JC
I can certainly understand that one, lol. I was the same way. In fact
I'm only now feeling comfortable enough to deviate here and there when
there's something I want or need to do differently.

Just so ya know, once you are done with the book and have LFS booting
smoothly, the transition to ext3 is supremely smooth and trouble free
in my experience. The commands I listed above will do it, or you can
look in the BLFS book, which gives pretty much identical directions.

Or you may choose ReiserFS or something else, or stick with ext2, your
choice.

Good Luck!
--
David C.