Help in partitioning

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Mon Nov 4 13:53:19 PST 2002

>Hi,

>Can some body please help me out with this?

>I just started reading the lfs book and I wanted to try it out.

>I have a separate partition for /home in the existing linux system. So I
>just want to repartition this /home alone so that I can allocate some
>space from /home to lfs. And I don't want to lose the contents of /home.
>How will I go about doing this?

Try gnuparted:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/gnuparted/?topic_id=142%2C147

or any version of Partition Magic later than 4.0 (not open source, have to
buy, borrow, or well....you know..)

do you not have ANY unallocated space on you physical drive?  If you have
just a Gig, it should be enough, just fdisk it and mount on /mt/lfs

Otherwise, you need a tool like that above.

Good luck!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org