Error: Bad Interpeter

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Nov 4 10:29:32 PST 2002

On Monday 04 November 2002 14:05, you wrote:
 > bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: Permission denied

It rings a bell to me...

 > my fstab looks like
 > /dev/hdb4       /mnt/lfs ext2  rw,auto,user 0 0
                                           /
               This is the problem!  <----/

When you use 'user' as an option, then mount mounts the FS with options
noexec,nosuid,nodev as well (to prevent security holes, I assume!).
Make your entry without user, mount it as root, and you'll be OK.

Cheers,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home  506 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org