Error: Bad Interpeter

chris.danx chris.danx at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 4 05:05:24 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting started.  Can someone help?  I didn't have
any problems last time, but this is the first time I'm doing it for real
on my new system (did as practise run last week).

I did the following

useradd -s /bin/bash -m lfs &&
passwd lfs
mkdir /mnt/lfs/static
chown -R /mnt/lfs/static
su - lfs

bzcat bash-2.05a.tar.bz2 | tar -xv
cd bash*
./configure blah

and got

bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: Permission denied

What have I done wrong?

my fstab looks like

/dev/hdb1       /       ext3    defaults 1 2
/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder       auto    ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/cdrom      /media/cdrom    auto    ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
devpts  /dev/pts        devpts  defaults 0 0
/dev/dvd        /media/dvd      auto    ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/hdb3       /home/projects  ext3    rw,auto,user 0 0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy   auto    noauto,user,sync 0 0
proc    /proc   proc    defaults 0 0
usbdevfs        /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs        noauto 0 0
/dev/hda1       /windows/C      ntfs    ro,noauto,user,umask=022 0 0
/dev/hda5       /windows/D      ntfs    ro,noauto,user,umask=022 0 0
/dev/hda6       /windows/E      vfat    noauto,user 0 0
/dev/hdb2       swap    swap    pri=42 0 0
/dev/hdb4       /mnt/lfs ext2  rw,auto,user 0 0

Cheers,
Danx

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org