Ext3 - OOPS!

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sun Nov 3 09:30:19 PST 2002

On Sunday 03 November 2002 18:05, you wrote:
 > OK - had to reinstall MDK since I used an old HD and it coughed a
 > hairball on me. The one problem I have now is that I mistakenly made the
 > filesystems ext3, not ext2. Can I just edit /etc/fstab and make the
 > system run as ext2?

Yes, you can. If you use ext2 instead of ext3, you won't be able to use the
journalling facilities of ext3, but you'll be able to mount the FS as ext2.
Revert to ext3 as soon as you get ext3 support again (In fact, ext2 shall not
make any damage to an ext3 FS, as long as it is correctly unmounted before
shutdown). IIRC.

Cheers,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home  504 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org