problem in instaling gcc-3.2

Muhammad Nafees Sharif mnsharif28 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 07:03:13 PST 2002

hi

i m trying to install an LFS system and i m following the 28-9-2002 version
of the LFS book
and i have downloaded the packages from the LFS server. so no source error

what i have done wrong is that, i have typed

...language=c ....

instead of

languages=c ....

when installing (patching, configuring and making) GCC and i showed me some
error. Now i rechecked the script which i typed at bash and i realized my
mistake and corrected  it and pressed Enter, but while it was doing it,  it
showed me some error

file already patched....

so, i deleted my (just created) gcc-3.2 folder and tried to extract it again
from the gcc-3.2.tar.bz2 but now when i do "bzcat gcc-3.2.tar.bz2 | tar -xv"
it scrolls my screen with the following message with almost each file

"Cannot open: no such file or directory"

and in the last line

"tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors"

tell me what to do????

i mean, it is making me feel real bad!!

can anyone help me

also "I M NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE LIST, PLEASE cc ME THE REPLY TO THIS
MESSAGE"

thanx for any, any help

mnsharif

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org