chroot /static/bin/env -i... needed?

adam boz adam_boz at phreaker.net
Sat Nov 2 13:00:58 PST 2002

Hi all.  I am wondering if it is really needed to remove the current
environment when "entering the chrooted environment".  I am asking
because I have built a bootable cd of an lfs, and wrote a bash script to
install another, and I can't figure out how to keep the program going
after this step.  What I have done, is to put the environment settings
that we set in that step in the $LFS/root dir, and put this line int the
.bashrc:

if [ -e /root/lfs_install_step_1 ]; then
/myscripts/lfs_install_2.sh

I had the first script touch the "/root/lfs_install_step_1" file (kindof
like my own lock file), and the second script deletes it, so that works
o.k., but will I run into problems b/c I didn't erase the environment?

any feedback would be great

thanks in advance

-Adam

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org