LFS on older Sparcs

adam boz adam_boz at phreaker.net
Sat Nov 2 12:53:40 PST 2002

Jamie Norwood wrote:
> I'm about to give this a whirl on an old SPARCstation 5, and was
> wondering if anyone else out there has done this on that era sparc? Any
> pitfalls I should watch out for?
>
> Jamie

I'm thinking about doing the same w/ SPARCstation IPX model 4/50 I got a
hold of.... the only thing is... the freak'n floppy doesn't work :-(

Is there any way around this?

I can get in right now via serial connection, and I MIGHT be able to set
up an ethernet connection too, but how would I use any of these to build
the lfs?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org